Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Christmas Ideas: The Ruby Doll

So the little girl in my life is getting a new doll for Christmas. The Ruby Doll, a free pattern found at One Red Robin. It was fabulously easy to put together, but stuffing the arms and legs were quite frustrating. So I made a second doll (the one below) just a tad bigger. All I did to make it bigger was trace around the pattern pieces about a 1/4", but you could of course just copy it a certain percentage bigger on your printer as well. Anyway, if you're looking for some inspiration to get you started, I would definitely take a look at the Ruby Doll flickr group. (I'd give you the link, but flickr isn't coming up on my comp right, but there's a link to the group on the Ruby Doll tutorial page-linked above). Lots of fabulousness there. You'll want to make one after you see all those dolls.


We're shooting for a mostly handmade Christmas this year and these are next on my list. They should be easy and I think the kids will love them.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...