Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sweet and Easy Baby Gifts

Between fulfilling orders and babies being born every time I turn around, it was high time I got to business making some baby gifts. Here's a sample of what I've been up to.


Both booties patterns came from Precious Patterns on Etsy. They seriously have some of the sweetest patterns on the block and at very reasonable prices too! The raggy burp cloth idea came Homemade by Jill. I just drew half a basic burpcloth shape, cut all my fabric on the fold, sewed them wrong sides together (including a cross in the center to keep the pieces from shifting in the wash), cut the fringe and washed them. Super easy. You can seriously whip so many of these out in such little time. And honestly, I do love making practical things for new moms.

I am currently trying to sew my way through my WIP pile...what a job. But it always feels so good to get another thing out of that pile. Not to mention, all those projects are taking up so much room in my craft room right now that I have moved downstairs onto the kitchen table....much to my husband's dismay....muah hah hah! I should make him a deal: He finishes my kitchen backsplash and floor and I'll move back into my own space. Hmn. Wonder if he'll go for it.
post signature

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

The booties are adorable! Thank you for sharing.

kelsey said...

Love those burp cloths! I might actually try making some. And I love the practical gifts too. To give and to be given;).

James said...

The baby shoe in the photo seems to me a great Baby gifts to a baby girl/boy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...