Saturday, August 8, 2009

Out to Lunch

Well, the plastic bag that I was using as Emmie's restaurant toy bag finally gave in and got destroyed. Not to mention, since it wasn't enclosed, all of its contents typically ended up strewn all over of my trunk. So, here's the newbie. I like.





I took a pre-fabbed muslin tote and boxed out the bottom, so things would fit a little better inside. Then I put in a zipper that I rescued from a thrifted pillowcase. But of course, that was not enough, because who wants to be walking around any restaurant with a boring old tote? So some prettying up was VERY necessary:) I got the sweet little embroidery pattern from the book Embroidery for Little Miss Crafty. This is a GREAT book for any beginner! It goes through supplies needed and how-to's for all (or many) of the different types of stitches. AND she includes lots of cute little patterns and PROJECTS to use the patterns on! She thought of it all. Anyway, I've been looking for an excuse to use this cute little pattern. So there.

Oh, and I added a picture of the contents of her bag. I change it up every so often, but this is the current state. Although, I am looking for some fun things for one-year-olds to do at restaurants. If you have any winners, I'd love to hear 'em!


1. Magnetic Enchanted Kingdom
2. Ravensburger Mini block puzzle
3. Wooden dress-a-bear (found at a German toy store, but here is a simlilar one)
4. ToysPure Memory game

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...